Have you heard of Peter’s Square? I haven’t run into too many friends who have, actually. And this makes me kinda sad. But then again, the company’s 1-year anniversary is this month, so they’re pretty new! It looks like a great site, and I am considering setting up cyber-shop on there myself. One of my Catholic social media buddies Chiara Finaldi interviewed the online Catholic marketplace’s founder David Rummelhoff. That interview was published by Regina magazine and can be read here.
Here are some great points from Chiara’s article to consider:
- Fees are slightly less than Etsy’s.
- Vendors commit to giving at least ten percent of their proceeds to Catholic ministries.
- There is screening to prevent any unwholesome products from being sold. on the site.
- All vendors are Catholic, but the products do not necessarily have to be religious.
- Solidarity. We stand united when we support our Catholic brothers and sisters by purchasing from each other.
I really, really think you should check out Peter’s Square and bookmark it on your browser!